Interstate Motor Freight Systems - The best freight carrier
INTERSTATE MOTOR FREIGHT SYSTEM, GRAND RAPIDS, MI
Who would have thought that when Interstate Motor Freight System of Grand Rapids, MI began operations in
1924, it would grow to become one of the largest carriers in the country?
It is a story of acquisition which began with Inter Motor Corporation, Detroit in 1932 and Eastern Michigan
Trucking Corporation, Grand Rapids in 1939. Revenues grew from $250,000 in 1932 to $23 million by 1952.
Interstate went public in 1950.
Acquisitions continued with Moskowitz Motor Transportation in 1953, Lancaster Transportation in 1958, Bells
Express and Prucka Transportation in 1959, Midwest Transit Lines in 1960, Connecticut Motor Lines in 1961,
and Eaton Truck Lines in 1962. Revenue Reached a high $76 million
In 1984 Interstate close there doors,re-opened in 2001
By 2005, IMF handles 10 million shipments and logged more than 65,000,000 miles. Revenues reached a
record $256 million. The company now operates 44 terminals in a 24 state area from Boston to Denver
interconnecting there with Oak Harbor Freight Lines
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Freight Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am a chronic pain patient. I use the home delivery service offered through my employer's insurance. My package was due for delivery on December 15, 2014. I paid for..."
- " The Manager, LBC Express Inc. at sa mga Kinauukulan, Ako po si Ricardo A. Del Rosario na wastong edad na nakatira sa Angono Rizal ay sumulat sa inyong tanggapan..."
- "Hello there, I bought a GoPro 4 on the official website to have it sent to Mexico I did choose the "FedEx International Priority". Last saturday, 18 of October, the GoPro landed..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "Run away from this set as fast as you possibly can. I purchased the entire set. Pieces were different colors, there were gouges in the wood and one of the..."
- "I came in for hair color and a trim. I chose a light pale blonde, It turned out orange so she put a all over bleach on to fix it..."
- "I ordered birthday flowers for my sister. They do not look anything like the picture. I called to complain about my order. The person I talked with was not resolving..."